Peacock

Peacock
Peacock

Monday, March 28, 2011

Afternoon Delight

I  currently spend the last couple of daylight hours enjoying the wildflowers. Most afternoons,  I drive home slowly, stopping often to photograph wildflowers. Some days, I have to go back to a spot I found, while working, to get pictures in the beautiful evening light (or occasionally morning light). And I found I have a fish-eye effect on my camera which is sometimes useful in making the wildflowers stand out more.

Here are a few of my favorites. (Actually several because most of them are favorites. )

Dotted Blue-Eyed Grass (Sisyrinchium pruinosum)

Showy Evening Primrose (Oenothera speciosa)

Spider Lily (Hymenocallis liriosme)

Thistle Bud

Texas Indian Paint Brush (Castilleja foliolosa )

Texas Prickly Poppy (Argemone aurantiaca)


Lanceleaf Coriopsis  (Coreopsis lanceloa)


Showy Evening Primrose Pair

Showy Blue-Star (Amsonia ilustrus)

Lyre-Leaf Sage (Salvia lyrata)

Today I planted several bins of wildflower seeds and then four willows and a bald cypress.  I'm praying for rain tomorrow or else I'll have to finish watering all the plants that need it before taking a mini vacation this weekend.