View of Centennial Mountains at Red Rock Lake NWR

View of Centennial Mountains at Red Rock Lake NWR
View of Centennial Mountains at Red Rock Lake NWR

Friday, November 18, 2011

A Day of Light

Today we were under a eighty per cent chance of rain. Storm clouds came over us but mostly we had sun shining under the clouds, making a  beautiful light. I went out before work and drove around the auto tour and was enchanted.

 







I managed to drag myself away from play and get to work.  I was assigned the job of driving to Celosa NWR and checking out the trail there. I had to continue to stop and take more pictures and then take bunches of them along the trail.










I got a view of the Sutter Buttes and had another try at getting a picture of them.




Then, as I drove back, the Coast Range was so beautiful, I had to take several pictures of it.








Finally, just as arrived back at the last turn to Sacramento NWR, I had to stop to photograph a rainbow.


 

I got back in time to eat a late Thanksgiving dinner we had bought from the Methodist Church in Willows. Then I actually had to work a few hours putting Liquid Gold on cabinets and  the woodwork in headquarters. 

Tomorrow I have to help in the Visitor Center in the morning - and I'll apply more Liquid Gold and sweep the deck where people eat.  Then I'll have to go to Colusa and hang out with a scope.  I'm getting really good at this kind of work.