Roseate Spoonbills on Big Slough

Roseate Spoonbills on Big Slough
Roseate Spoonbills on Big Slough

Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Tiptoe Through the Tulips

The last friend I visited was Dick, a volunteer I met and worked with two seasons at Red Rock Lakes NWR. We did some projects together and he got me started on fly fishing.

He lives in Skagit Valley, north of Seattle, Washington where some of their crops are daffodills and tulips for the bulb market. I missed the big blooming fields by about a week, but we visited the RozenGaarde Display Garden where late tulips were still blooming. We spent several hours enjoying the wide variety of blooms in many different settings.

I decided to just give you all my slides in a little movie. Enjoy. Click on the full screen icon for best views.




My own migration ended Monday afternoon. Now I'm trying to get all my stuff organized into a very small trailer. I'll be doing a bluebird house survey the day the day before this blog comes out. I'm also working to get ready to survey our bees and have several cleaning and inventorying jobs to do to get other places ready for volunteers and interns.















No comments:

Post a Comment