Roseate Spoonbills on Big Slough

Roseate Spoonbills on Big Slough
Roseate Spoonbills on Big Slough

Wednesday, August 15, 2018

A Wandering Weekend: Part Four, Grand Tetons

July 30, 2018

My next destination was the trailhead for Taggart Lake in Grand Tetons National Park.  I had to drive right through Mormon Row, so  stopped and took a few pictures. 


A few of the buildings in the early morning fog

The famous barn - I think the Tetons had more snow on them the last time I visited


I couldn't pass up Schwabachers Landing, so turned down to visit it.  That is a MOST beautiful place.  I missed seeing two moose by seconds.


The iconic picture from Schwabachers Landing

I took this from further down the trail

I enjoyed mother duck and babies

Soon I started on towards the trailhead. I was the third car in the parking lot and had the trail mostly to my self, although I met or passed a couple of groups.


Some of the trail was through dense woods

I crossed a very rowdy stream

And of course, had to take several pictures of it

I was enjoying the early signs of late summer

A second stream view

I like this one because the people show how much landscape is  in the picture

When I arrived at  Taggart Lake, I met a couple who were taking turns taking pictures. I offered to take one of them both. Since we had to be in the shade, standing on a rock in the water, I asked them if they edited their pictures.  They said no, and I said I would also edit their picture, since they would be horribly underexposed or the Tetons would be horribly overexposed. They asked for lessons on both their i-phones, from different years.  That was a fun break.  And they took a picture of me.


Enjoying the view at Taggert Lake

This view was from the bottom of the lake where the trail crossed it

Another lake view

The trail climbed even more after I left the lake

I enjoyed a few instances of these flowers

By the time, I got off the trail, the day was super bright.  I decided to do a quick drive all the way around the park.  I finally found a few bison on the far side.


Grand Teton bison

I also stopped in the now harsh light to photograph the spot where Ansel Adams took his picture. Obviously I don't have the light, the large format, tilt able camera, or shorter vegetation in the foreground. 


Here is a picture of a print of the original picture.  Lists for $138.00

After that it was back to  real life.  I drove a couple of hours to Idaho Falls and got a haircut before getting groceries and a headlight for my car. I got home late in the evening, put up my perishables and went to bed.



No comments:

Post a Comment