Roseate Spoonbills on Big Slough

Roseate Spoonbills on Big Slough
Roseate Spoonbills on Big Slough

Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Bully Winter

September 15

I'm going to catch up on my adventures since last July, when my computer broke and I didn't have time to wresstle with my ipad.

I worked all the previous day in my shirt sleeves, and even got a little hot.  Then I went to bed and woke to a snow storm that continued throughout most of the following morning. We ended up with 10 inches of snow with five or six inches sticking.  I was working in the office pinning my bees and ended up meeting a lot of the public. But before and during work, I took lots of pictures.



This was the view from my back door. 

All my manager's wife's horses had a barn to get into, but Biscuit had to come out and dig for grass

We still had most of our sparrows and a few bluebirds

This is another view from my back yard when the sun came out 

This is a long view to the mountains in front of my trailer

Magpies are among the few species of birds that can live through the winters.  They scavange wolf kills for some of their food. 

The only time I saw this Merlin was when I was walking to work in the snow

I think I took this picture between snows or after the second snow. 


The snow came so early that the aspens were just starting to show color

About three days later, we had another snow.  None of this lasted long, but they made a muddy mess of our roads.


Another storm is forming out my front door.

This is from the second storm - I started looking for the tiny, beautiful views

Reflections in a drop melting

Ice Crystals

After bully winter took a break, the trees were able to continue into their fall color.


Aspens





Grasses and willows show a rnge of fall colors 


No comments:

Post a Comment