Roseate Spoonbills on Big Slough

Roseate Spoonbills on Big Slough
Roseate Spoonbills on Big Slough

Friday, October 5, 2012

Yellowstone Art

I was blown away by the the gorgeous abstracts I found just laying around on the ground in Yellowstone. Some minerals provide color in their natural state.  Bacteria use some other minerals and modify them to other colors. Algae grows in some of the cooler spots and mingles among the other organisms providing some shade of green. All of the products of all this activity swirls together and somehow makes a kind of sense.

 These artists also use all my favorite colors.




To really appreciate these, and other,  paintings, see them on a larger screen by clicking on a slide show of them.

On the home front, I'm trying to make myself get to work.  I have to water trees today  and have to haul water down to Frenchglen, about 45 miles away.  I love doing this except when we had our second frosty night last night at 21 degrees. There was a 14 degree wind chill when I woke up.  But the temperature is now a balmy 30 degrees and it's time to pile on the layers and go.  By one it will be in the low 60's and by 2 it will start to cool off to another 21 degree night.

No comments:

Post a Comment