Roseate Spoonbills on Big Slough

Roseate Spoonbills on Big Slough
Roseate Spoonbills on Big Slough

Wednesday, July 22, 2015

A Visit to Norris Geyser Basin

July 14, 2015 

I needed to come back around noon to check on my new campsite, so I decided to go to Norris Geyser Basin around 6:00 A.M.  As I got there, a fog set in so I waited about a half hour until the sun went to work on it.  But it was still pretty foggy when I started out to check out the place where I was the only one around.

I love it when I can have a public place mostly to myself.  I also see more wildlife when the crowds are gone and get to enjoy the natural sounds that often are covered up by crowds.

I was disappointed that parts of Porcelain Geyser Basin are closed so the boardwalks can be repaired.  At least one of my abstracts came from the closed part.

I'm not going to add captions.  You'll have to come visit to figure out the names of the features.

















I'll still be without Internet and in Yellowstone with my friends. There will be lots more blogs to come, since I had more adventures by myself and will have four more days of adventures with my friends. And I'm getting behind on my adventures at Red Rock Lakes NWR. 

No comments:

Post a Comment