Roseate Spoonbills on Big Slough

Roseate Spoonbills on Big Slough
Roseate Spoonbills on Big Slough

Sunday, September 30, 2012

Yellowstone is Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious

The Mary Poppins Song, supercalifragilisticexpialidocious, started going through my head about the second day I was in Yellowstone National Park.  By the time we had to leave, that seemed to be the best word to describe it.

Why?

Rainbows in geysers.



 Wonderful wild waterfalls.


Sparkling bubbles.


And bubbles of primeval slime.


Smoking landscapes.


Wildlife.


Mudpots


 Petrified Wood


 And a Natural Bridge



 I've spent several hours processing my pictures and am only about a third finished. Currently I'm in Boise, Idaho and will take Tracy to the airport at 5:00A.M. tomorrow and then will drive to Malheur National Wildlife Refuge. I have to unload my car and retrieve my processions from two sites and move back into the volunteer house before returning to my volunteering job.  But I'll have lots more to tell you about our week of exploring by auto and by foot.

No comments:

Post a Comment