Roseate Spoonbills on Big Slough

Roseate Spoonbills on Big Slough
Roseate Spoonbills on Big Slough

Sunday, November 3, 2019

New Mexico With Julie - Sandia Tramway

October 26, 2019

I thought I would have four days to play by myself before picking up Julie, but most of that time turned out to be lost due to the cold weather and snow. Then I took most of a day to make a two hour trip to Bandelier National Monument, so I had to go retrieve Julie from Albuquerque before I saw much of the park.

I planned to show Julie Sandia Tramway and the hiking trails in the mountains as soon I she got off the plane. That al went well and we had a good time on the tram and hiking trails. However, the last time, I was able to take pictures from the tram. It was so crowded, I couldn't move from my original spot, so didn't get some of the most exciting pictures.


View from the tram

Julie and Albuquerque

View from the trail

A slightly closer view

Julie 

The tramway building and apparatus

What carries and drives the tram

Here comes our tram to leave

This was the first half day of several adventures. Stay tuned.

On a personal note, I'm almost home. I spent two nights and a day and a half at Gardner State Park in Texas, where I met my daughter and grandson.  Now we are both headed to her house, but I stopped to put up a blog before I crash.




No comments:

Post a Comment